Tuesday, December 29, 2009
- I am thankful I have such a loving, forgiving, special, inviting family who I love dearly. I honestly can say I have no idea where I'd be without them and thank God every day for them. I am proud to say they are my best friends.
- I am thankful for my parents. Most people my age are probably saying they hate their parents or some crap like that, but I am proud to say that my Mom and Dad are my best friends. I am so lucky I was able to spend Christmas with them.
- I am thankful for God. He loves me unconditionally, never leaves my side, and always makes the best decisions for me whether I think they are right or wrong in the moment. He never gives me more than I can handle, though he gets me pretty close sometimes. He's awesome and without Him, I wouldn't be where I am today.
- I am thankful for all of my lovely presents I got this year. We got way too much, but appreciate everyone's kindness and thoughtfulness. :) We are blessed.
- I am thankful for my Snuggie. It is so warm and snuggie. Plus, it's ECU. IT really is a great invention. One day I'm going to invent something wonderful.
- I am thankful I was able to clean up some today. It's only the beginning of what needs to be done, but atleast we started. Maybe New Year's Eve...
I am so thankful for everything in my life andI am blessed... I love you all!
Monday, December 28, 2009
I did not stay up until 3 in the morning searching blogs for great deals right before Christmas. I just walk into stores and pay the full price, nope, not me. (Those great blogs I found are on the side of my blog, check them out!)
I did not bake cookies the other day with Jalen (and pumpkin pies) because he was acting crazy and I knew that was the only thing that would calm him slightly down. (Oh yeah, we turned Sprout on, too!) Nope, not me, we read books and do yoga together to calm down.
I am not sitting here blogging, surfing the internet, and doing Facebook while my house is covered in Christmas presents, playdough, and other messes. Nope, my house is always neat and perfect.
Well, if you haven't figured it out, it's a not me! monday and if you want the whole scoop on it, head over and see MckMama (see my side blogroll). Happy Monday!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
This year was my first year with a real tree! It smells great and I really haven't seen the big 'trouble' with real trees. We have angel ornaments that I've collected over my 21 years from my Mom, Nick's Duke ornament, the ones Jalen made, and a few odds and ends. It's very pretty and I love it! I do not have a tree skirt because the stand is too fat for it to look normal, so instead we have a blue movers mat that we had from when we got new furniture. Ha! It works, it does the job, and who sees a tree skirt anyways?? Exactly! On the top is a metal, wiry star with little diamonds dangling. Very pretty, when it chooses to stay up there! It's OUR first Christmas tree...
You know, when I typed the word 'Christmas' it really made me get on my tangent of people putting X-Mas. I can't stand it and I do not understand how it takes less time to write X-Mas than Christmas. Why do we celebrate Christmas? Because of CHRIST... so why take His name out of it? Sorry, it really annoys me and bothers me when I see it. My Christmas cards will say 'Merry Christmas,' not Happy Holidays. That's my tangent. I'm done. Merry Christmas!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
While we were at the beach we had a gingerbread house builiding activity. It was a lot of fun. We found out who was a sore loser about their house and we saw how creative we all can be. Overall, it was a very fun activity and one we will continue to do!!
Now, it's time for Christmas! I am very behind on my shopping, so therefore, I'll be shopping today. Poor Jalen, he will be attending the majority of the stores. We'll see how Christmas shopping for him goes with him there.. We'll see how many actually last until Christmas day!! Plus, we're battling the grocery store, too! Oh what a fun day.. My last day off until Christmas!!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
As you can see from my last post about Better in Bulk, I've won a few things from her blog. My last winning was a 20x24 wrapped canvas print from Color Inc. I was very excited to win this because I had a few pictures in mind that I wanted to use. Now, we have a life-size Jalen picture on our mantle. I'd love to get 2 more and put them all together in the hallway. We'll see! It was a $115 value!! (and if you're wondering, I haven't taken the plastic off because I'm scared it'll get messed up)!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
* I am thankful we're heading out to the beach for a week of family times and memories. I'm very excited to have no plans and be done with school for a little bit, so I can enjoy it.
* I am thankful Jalen loves school. He wakes up and is ready to go. He enjoys playing and having fun. It does make me a little sad when I leave. I walk outside and his classroom backs up to the walk-way. He waits for me at his classroom door that looks outside to wave bye to me. Aww, it breaks my heart, but he's happy!
* I am thankful my Mom will be coming up on Christmas Eve!
* I am thankful we were able to go a Christmas play earlier in the week and enjoy a scrumptous dinner before at El Dorado!
* I am thankful I have my beautiful Christmas tree and heat in my house. We thought our heat died, but luckily, they fixed it for us. It was a mear 54 degrees when we woke up. I couldn't imagine not having heat - oh the things we take for granted.
I am thankful for so much and so blessed. Have a good rest of the week...
Pray for our safe travels!!
Monday, December 14, 2009
* I did not get my clothes for each day out of the clean clothes pile x 10 that I've failed to fold or carry up. Nope, I fold the clothes and put them away as soon as they get out of the dryer because I don't like for them to wrinkle!
* I did not turn George on for Jalen so I could sleep a little bit extra. Nope, I get up as soon as Jalen does to cook him a huge breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day!
* I did not take Jalen to Target to get out of the house and just have something to do. I did not buy him an Icee and Popcorn so I could look around in peace. Nope, not me!
* I did not go and get my test grade from school, see it was a 90, and leave. Nope, not me. I stay every single time and take wonderful notes. But, tonight is my final and I will study all day long. Nope, not me!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Need help with your Christmas card? Want to do something different this year? Tired of signing a Hallmark card with your names? I'll help you! Get creative.. creativity isn't expensive!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
The other day Jalen had a blast putting up his little tree in his room. This little tree has been around for 3 years now and it amazes me it still stands. He was so cute and so serious about putting it up. Do not mess with his ornaments because he will know if it is misplaced. He loves how it lights up and gets so excited to show people his tree. You can tell he is very proud and I am proud he is proud...
We got our big tree tonight and for the first time ever, I have a real tree!! I am super excited and hope by the morning it is all comfy and cozy in our home so I can decorate it!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Happy Turkey Day! I hope you take this day to look around you and see how thankful you are. No one is guaranteed anything in life, therefore, we are all blessed. I am beyond blessed and thank God every day for the life He's given me.
I was driving to the grocery store and I was listening to G105 and they had a 'thon for Bob's Buddies, which deals with brain tumors and children's illnesses. I was listening to a story as I pulled into Harris Teeter and found myself in tears. I couldn't get Jalen out of his car seat fast enough to hug him. The gentleman's son was 9 years old and passed away last February from a brain tumor. His last 6 months of his life, he asked his Dad to just let him be a kid. They quit all treatments and allowed him to be a 9 year old. I can't imagine and that is something I never want myself or anyone to go through. Take time out of your day to really look around and see how blessed you are in life...Don't dwell on the things you can't change! God will be there and He will never give you more than you can handle, He may test you, but He won't.
I am thankful for...
-my family (all of my family)! They are my life and my world. I can't thank them enough for all they've done for me and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them.
-Jalen. I never imagined a big brown eyed, 3 years old, loves to cook and clean, smart, little boy could ever change my life the way he has. He's my life, my world, and my little hero!
-a home. I have a house, but it, also, is my home.
-my health. I am so blessed to be healthy and able to run to catch Jalen when he's running to get out of trouble.
- I am thankful for my life and so much more.. I love you all so much and thank you for being a part of our lives.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
* I am thankful I had a blast yesterday at the park with my sisters. We had lots of good laughs, were able to be kids and play with the kids, and we even tried to do a few things we could do 10-15 years ago when we were little. Priceless.
* I am thankful Jalen is a healthy little boy who melts my heart everyday. I drop him off at school today and I'm talking to his teacher while he's playing and he comes over with his lips stuck out. He gives me a big kiss and walks back to play with his friends. Whew, he makes me tear up!
* I am thankful that I get to see my Mom and Cherish tomorrow, then on Thursday go to the Taste of Home cooking show with my Mom and sisters. I love our girl time and the last time we did this was a year ago. Pray for our safe travels to Mebane (wherever the heck that is!)
* I am thankful that the holidays are here. Family, fun, and lots of pictures. Speaking of that.. Camera - if you are listening, please come out of your hiding spot, I do miss you.. (I can't find my camera!!)
* I am blessed and so lucky to have everyone in my life that I do!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
* I made a 97 on my math test. Whew! Also, I was able to get into my Spring math class and then, I am officially DONE at Wake Tech (unless, I only have a few more courses until I can get a degree, then I'll do those.)
* Jalen's manners are getting so much better that even, people are complimenting us. 'Mommy, I got to hold the door for the wadies..'
* I was able to go to church on Sunday! Great, uplifting time.
* in less than 2 weeks, we will be attending the Taste of Home cooking show. What a fun time it will be!
* that we're healthy and doing well.