Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Happy Turkey Day! I hope you take this day to look around you and see how thankful you are. No one is guaranteed anything in life, therefore, we are all blessed. I am beyond blessed and thank God every day for the life He's given me.
I was driving to the grocery store and I was listening to G105 and they had a 'thon for Bob's Buddies, which deals with brain tumors and children's illnesses. I was listening to a story as I pulled into Harris Teeter and found myself in tears. I couldn't get Jalen out of his car seat fast enough to hug him. The gentleman's son was 9 years old and passed away last February from a brain tumor. His last 6 months of his life, he asked his Dad to just let him be a kid. They quit all treatments and allowed him to be a 9 year old. I can't imagine and that is something I never want myself or anyone to go through. Take time out of your day to really look around and see how blessed you are in life...Don't dwell on the things you can't change! God will be there and He will never give you more than you can handle, He may test you, but He won't.
I am thankful for...
-my family (all of my family)! They are my life and my world. I can't thank them enough for all they've done for me and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them.
-Jalen. I never imagined a big brown eyed, 3 years old, loves to cook and clean, smart, little boy could ever change my life the way he has. He's my life, my world, and my little hero!
-a home. I have a house, but it, also, is my home.
-my health. I am so blessed to be healthy and able to run to catch Jalen when he's running to get out of trouble.
- I am thankful for my life and so much more.. I love you all so much and thank you for being a part of our lives.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
* I am thankful I had a blast yesterday at the park with my sisters. We had lots of good laughs, were able to be kids and play with the kids, and we even tried to do a few things we could do 10-15 years ago when we were little. Priceless.
* I am thankful Jalen is a healthy little boy who melts my heart everyday. I drop him off at school today and I'm talking to his teacher while he's playing and he comes over with his lips stuck out. He gives me a big kiss and walks back to play with his friends. Whew, he makes me tear up!
* I am thankful that I get to see my Mom and Cherish tomorrow, then on Thursday go to the Taste of Home cooking show with my Mom and sisters. I love our girl time and the last time we did this was a year ago. Pray for our safe travels to Mebane (wherever the heck that is!)
* I am thankful that the holidays are here. Family, fun, and lots of pictures. Speaking of that.. Camera - if you are listening, please come out of your hiding spot, I do miss you.. (I can't find my camera!!)
* I am blessed and so lucky to have everyone in my life that I do!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
* I made a 97 on my math test. Whew! Also, I was able to get into my Spring math class and then, I am officially DONE at Wake Tech (unless, I only have a few more courses until I can get a degree, then I'll do those.)
* Jalen's manners are getting so much better that even, people are complimenting us. 'Mommy, I got to hold the door for the wadies..'
* I was able to go to church on Sunday! Great, uplifting time.
* in less than 2 weeks, we will be attending the Taste of Home cooking show. What a fun time it will be!
* that we're healthy and doing well.