Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Turkey Day! I hope you take this day to look around you and see how thankful you are. No one is guaranteed anything in life, therefore, we are all blessed. I am beyond blessed and thank God every day for the life He's given me.

I was driving to the grocery store and I was listening to G105 and they had a 'thon for Bob's Buddies, which deals with brain tumors and children's illnesses. I was listening to a story as I pulled into Harris Teeter and found myself in tears. I couldn't get Jalen out of his car seat fast enough to hug him. The gentleman's son was 9 years old and passed away last February from a brain tumor. His last 6 months of his life, he asked his Dad to just let him be a kid. They quit all treatments and allowed him to be a 9 year old. I can't imagine and that is something I never want myself or anyone to go through. Take time out of your day to really look around and see how blessed you are in life...Don't dwell on the things you can't change! God will be there and He will never give you more than you can handle, He may test you, but He won't.

I am thankful for...
-my family (all of my family)! They are my life and my world. I can't thank them enough for all they've done for me and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them.
-Jalen. I never imagined a big brown eyed, 3 years old, loves to cook and clean, smart, little boy could ever change my life the way he has. He's my life, my world, and my little hero!
-a home. I have a house, but it, also, is my home.
-my health. I am so blessed to be healthy and able to run to catch Jalen when he's running to get out of trouble.
- I am thankful for my life and so much more.. I love you all so much and thank you for being a part of our lives.

No comments: