Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
On the up side of things, we are slowly getting a normalcy around here. Jalen is sleeping wonderfully in his bed and he loves his Thomas stuff. He has been going to the pool during the day and passing out at night. Ryan is a little Dorothy as well. He is just the albino verision. :-) Love that little pale boy.
Jalen's birthday is coming up. It is so hard to believe he will be turning 3. I unfortunately have to work on party day, but not his birthday. We'll probably do a bug theme. I don't want to do Thomas. I refuse. Ha. I love Thomas and I'm glad him and Grandpa have fun building them, but I am an Elmo fan and don't want him to leave Elmo. :) Yes, I know, it isn't my party, but oh well, I have to plan it. He is counting so well. He can go to 13 and my goal is 20 before preschool. They can do the alphabet. I don't want him bored. Really, I don't know where to begin with that one. He knows all of his colors and even knows what a star is. He learned it on the elevator at the beach because it had a star by the floor number. .
Jessica and family came over and ate dinner with us. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of things we did brought back some childhood memories. Jessica, Ryan, Cherish, Jalen, and I went for a walk. Jalen wanted to take his bike. On the last stretch Jessica told Jalen to hop on the bike with her and they would ride down the huge hill. I thought if they hit an acorn they were going to die. I laughed so hard because we used to do that on skateboards. Then, we went lightning bug hunting. We used to do that every summer. Fun times. I love my family, have I said that before??
Oops.. Thankful Tuesday...
*I'm thankful for my family - Happy Father's Day, Dad!
*I love how I get to relive my childhood with Jalen.
* We are healthy and happy.
* School is almost over.. Dec. 2011
* Greenville journey went well!
How about you???
Pictures will come soon!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
We're working on painting and getting Nicholas in. Things will be wonderful when settled. I go Monday to ECU for the day, so hopefully things will go well.
The person who does not need a lot is the richest.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
* we made it down here safely without drama or fights. If you know my family or particularly me, you will know what I mean.
* for Nicholas that Jalen and I do miss. We love getting away, but we sure do miss home.
* Cherish is dealing with her new enviroment. This is the dog who goes somewhere for 10 minutes and is ready to go home. Last night she cried, but I'm thankful she cried with Mom and Lindsay. Ha! Just kidding girls..
* School is going well. I just submitted my second to last Module for this summer session and then, we are off to the next semester. Graduation Dec. 2011 :)
* We got to put up a Topsy Turvy with Dad. It was pretty hilarious. It is hanging up by only what an engineer could construct. A metal something with clamps to the deck. Picture will come, trust me. It'll make you laugh.
* Kia got going safely. Lots of tears, but change is good. Miss ya!
Heading home tomorrow. Should be interesting. Jessica, Ryan, Jalen, Cherish and I in a car. Fun times that only we'd do. Ha! No one else is this stupid. Enjoy! Pics soon...
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Today we woke up and cooked some breakfast. Jalen wanted toast and bacon. We got dressed and headed to the pool for awhile. We swam and played. Jalen loves the water. When we get home everyone will be amazed to see how well he swims with his swimmies. I've got to get him some better ones. We've seen some kids with the Speedo ones and they seem a lot nicer than our $2.99 ones, but hey, they've done the job. He kicks his feet and swims basically. It is cute!! We came in for lunch around 3 and ate some chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. Jalen ate 5 nuggets and mac and cheese! We were amazed, too. He's been eating wonderfully. We decided after lunch to get dressed and head to the aquarium. He thought it was cool. The babies exhibit was cute, but geez, it was way too crowded. We headed to Salsaritas aftewards for a quick, simple bite to eat. It was good except it isn't our Cary Salsaritas where extra meat comes free and so does Jalen's meal usually! We never pay $20 for Salsaritas when our friends are working. :-) Went to the grocery store so we can fix steaks for our last night dinner. Came back and Jalen wanted to swim, so Nick stayed upstairs and we went swimming outside for a hour and a half. He met friends and flirted. Overall, another beautiful day! Tomorrow =pool, beach, and possibly shopping!
Jalen got a new room! Well, he moved out of Mommy's room and into his own. I painted the walls a khaki color, which turned out great. I got a lil paint on the ceiling so I have to fix that but that is beside the point. He has Thomas bedding and black curtains. I still have to get a bed skirt. I've hung the pictures though. It is coming along and he loves sleeping in it. It's nice having room in a bed. Will get better pictures when I'm completely finished!
I am thankful for...
* This beautiful weather at the beach which includes lots of pool and beach time!
* A safe trip to the beach. Jalen slept the entire way - from Crossroads to N. Myrtle!
* The opportunity to take a vacation.
* All of Jalen's cute saying and I love when he holds my hand.. Aww!
* Being able to see my family on Thursday -- I do miss them. :-)
* A hectic June - We're never home, though.
What a great week and it has only begun!
Day 1 and 2 at the beach have been great.
Day 1 : When we got here, Jalen had already taken off his clothes within 5 minutes of walking in the door.. Actually probably 2. He was ready to go. I took him down to the pool, which is outdoor and heated. It was wonderful until you got out. He was a little Dorothy. He was so much of a little fish I said I wouldn't take him back in without swimmies. Nick ordered pizza and we ate pizza. Then, we made an adventure to Wal-Mart at 11 o'clock to get groceries. Then, when we got back at 12:20, it was night night time.. no pictures!
Day 2: Woke up around 10:00 and of course, Jalen woke up ready to go. I forced him to eat breakfast first, so he wasn't starving. We both ate breakfast and Daddy snoozed a little longer. We got dressed and all ready to go and Jalen & I decided to run to the gift shop to get some swimmies. Found them for $2.99 and were set. Came back and got Daddy. Off to the pool. Swam for about an hour until Jalen decided it was beach time. Whew the sand was hot but lovely. He loved running into the water and out. Didn't go all the way in because it was like swimming in ice cubes!! Back to the pool for a few, then indoor waterpark. They have a water-dunk it so Jalen and Nick were in Heaven. The kids playing were mainly rude and didn't share so I got frustrated and said we needed to go somewhere else. We played in the buckets that turn water over and then headed upstairs to eat lunch! Ate some tuna sandwhiches and then back downstairs to do it all over again minus the beach. Back upstairs for nap, haircut and dinner. Headed out to dinner at 8 to Joe's Crabshack. Was great. Shopped for a bit and then headed home. What a great day! More today...
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
* Jalen is starting to feel better and hopefully, I will not get any worse. I think he passed what he had onto me. Last night was pretty rough.
* I got Jalen's new, big boy room almost done. Just a few pictures to hang, curtains to buy, headboard to make and we are all done. He loves his Thomas room. Will put pictures up soon once I get something on the walls. Looks bare right now.
* My parents both had safe travels this past week.
* I am going to the beach this Sunday. I'm ready for a little beach action!
* Jalen's garden is growing so tall. He's too cute when he tells you about it. He is so proud of his peppers and tomatoes. He doesn't care about the cucumbers. Ha!
* I am blessed with a wonderful life. Change is occuring and it is hard for me to deal with. I don't deal with it well and gosh knows by the end of next week and beginning of the next, I am going to be a complete wreck! Things will work out and I will be fine, but darn, if I'm not going to miss them.
and sometimes change can be bad.
Sometimes change can be easy,
and sometimes change can be hard.
Sometimes change can be for the better,
and sometimes change can be for the worse.
Life is full of changes.
It is how you deal with it that can determine
if it is good, bad, easy, hard, for the better, or for the worse.
Many times in my life I've had to deal with change, big changes, and in the end everything works out just fine. It is a matter of how you handle it and take it. Life is about what you make of it.
And as hard as it will be, for the next few weeks and weeks after these few weeks, I've got to remember that. Change is okay.