Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank you, Jalen!



Jalen,

Every day that passes, I thank you and God for the opportunity to be your Mom. You will never know how much you mean to me and how quickly I'd give you the world, if I had the chance. Every day I look at you and I wonder where I went right to get such a smart, loving, and joyful little boy. It's hard to watch you grow up because I want you to stay my baby forever, but always know that however tall you get to be and whatever you end up doing in life, you will forever be my baby.

When I first found out at the young age of 17 that I was going to be a Mommy, I was scared and had no idea what journey I was about to take. Looking back, I am so thankful that I was able to take this journey and there isn't a single thing that could be offered to me to change my mind. You are my pride and joy. You've taught me more in life than anyone could ever have taught me. You've taught me what love really is. The first time I look at you, I fell in love and I've continued to fall deeper in love every time I look at you or think of you. You've taught me to trust God. When I first found out you were going to be born, I didn't know what to do, but I trusted God and now I am amazed at where I am. I now get to wake up to an amazing little boy beside me and watch you spend time with Daddy and all of our family. Thank you for every bit and piece of life you brought to me.

Every day and usually many times a day, I make you say that you are 'the best lil boy ever.' Always know that Mommy loves you more than life and though today is Mother's Day, I am thankful to you and God for allowing me to be your Mommy.. without you, I don't know where I'd be..

I love you, Jalen Nicholas!

Love, Mommy


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: