Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

Every time a new year sneaks up on us, everyone is always talking about what their new year's resolution is. This year I really laughed at the idea that people make new year's resolutions. How many times do you hear someone say that their resolution is to go to the gym 5 days a week? By February 1st, the gym is empty. Seriously?? If you didn't go at all and then all of a sudden you decide to go 5 days a week... really?? Last night we were watching one of the shows and someone asked the girl what her new year's resolution was. She said 'to give back more.' Really? Why are you going to say it? Just do it! From all of this, I feel like people say they are going to something new to make the new year better, but never stick with it. Why? I don't know. Maybe too far fetched or too far out of their norm.

This new year I'm not making a 'resolution' or what ever they call it, but rather taking my beliefs one step further. I don't want to change my current mindset completely, but yet, expand them. This year I want to grow closer to God. He's been there for me so many times and honestly, I realized this not too long ago. He was always there and helped me through situations, but it wasn't until I found myself really between a rock and a hard place that I knew He was the one keeping me going. I want to continue to grow closer to my family. I want to learn more about my relationship and work on it. I want to get together more with my family. I want to go closer to my beliefs rather than further away from them.

I hope 2010 is a year of new beginnings, growth, and happiness. I hope it allows me to become a better person. I hope 2010 is not a far-fetched year full of resolutions that never happen.

Here's to 2010....

No comments: