Friday, August 28, 2009

Goodbye is Never Easy..

These past few weeks have not been the easiest and last night was no easier. Lucky got very sick in a matter of a day or two. We took him to the vet and they tried a few things, but were still unsure of what was going on. We made the decision to take him on home in hopes he would turn around. At about 1:45 in the morning, Lucky passed away. It is deffinately hard and something I never want to see again, but I was glad I was able to be there for him. He will deffinately be missed and it feels like right now we're missing a part of our family because he was our dog. We are Lucky he was able to be apart of our lives for a short time, but he is in a better place and I am thankful we were able to help him make it as long as he did.

Jalen seems to be doing well with it. He asked me this morning where he was and I said he was sick and had to go to the clouds. He is up there with Jake and Undie, who he misses too. We will continue to tell him this and eventually, we will get him another dog when things settle down and the time is right..
God has a plan for everything and everyone - even when sometimes you don't know what His plan is or don't understand why His plan is the way it is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today was a grandpa day. jalen and i washed my car at his house. he got this look in his eye and grin. he then chased me with the hose and soaked me..then he got it back..after a few more times of this we looked like we were swimming. he wont remember this day down the road, but i will never forget it. it was a "grandpa" day. pops