Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Awww, it's kind of a cute lil picture (I know you don't care about us - He's next!)
All ready to go, Mom! Stop taking pictures and let me go find my eggs!
I was a bad Mom and forgot to bring his Elmo basket. (You thought I'd let him use his new Easter basket... Yeah, right!) Notice his new cool shoes!
Yes, I'd be jealous too if I didn't have a cute nephew like I do.
Yes, he is a silly little man! He was showing his teeth!

This is Jalen painting his Easter presents for his wonderful family!

This Easter was exciting for us. It was the first year Jalen was able to understand things. All he talked about for a week was the Easter bunny. He was ecstatic to see the bunny found him this morning, of course after we watched our morning wake-up with Elmo courtesy of LiLi. We woke up and had a wonderful breakfast with Memaw. We had sausage balls, bacon, and our famous-Christmas morning pull-apart bread. Wonderful stuff. We were about to get in the shower when our little cottontail arrived. Ryan was dressed in his Easter outfit and was looking like a lil doll. He's too cute. He hung out with Uncle, which Uncle didn't want to leave him, while we took showers. We hopped on over to Daddy's house and had an egg hunt with Jonavan, one of Jalen's friends. They played hard. It was cute to see him play with other kids. I dyed eggs with them. They played with Jalen's Mustang. We cooked out and then, we called it a night. Jalen passed out within 10 minutes of watching his new Elmo KiKi gave him. Overall, it was a great Easter and we can't wait to see how Christmas will be!

Though we did a lot of things that did not represent the true meaning of Easter, we did not forget. Without Him, none of this would be possible. I thank Him everyday for the life he has blessed me with. I couldn't imagine my life any different and wouldn't trade it for the world. He is Risen! Be thankful for the life you have, it may not be a perfect life, but it is your life.

No comments: