Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

Last week was a week of trials.. It was a week where I know God won't give you more than you can handle, but at times, I was questioning if He was getting too close to that line. Needless to say, He pulled through for me and made me realize how much I allow myself to rely on Him and I am very thankful for that. He pulled me through, along with a sweet little boys smile! :)

* I am thankful I do not have to start a new job this Wednesday, then go to school right afterward, come home, prepare to teach a lesson for Thursday at 9:15, wake up, take Jalen to school, teach my lesson, rush to work for 12:00.... I am thankful I do not have to repeat that b/c I may not make it through this time...
* I am thankful for such a wonderful family. I texted my sister at 1 in the morning telling her I was giving up and couldn't take this stress and she pulled me through with her wisdom and kind words. I receive support from both of my sisters and I am so thankful to have my sisters as my best friends. I am not only thankful for my sisters, but my entire family... My Mom and Dad are awesome and make me eat those words I used to say of 'ugh, my parents get on my nerves' or 'gosh, they are WRONG!' Those things you never realize you didn't mean until you have children of your own and know they were just loving you (most of the time.. ha!)
* I am thankful Sunday was such a beautiful day and I was able to take Jalen to the park with Allison and her girls. Jalen had a blast playing with them and to see him walk hand-in-hand with Mikayla carrying on a conversation made me realize how sweet and big he is getting.. pictures to come!
* I am thankful I like my new job! I do enjoy it.. it's a lot to take in and I've realized it's probably all I can handle. I don't know if I'll be able to handle 2 jobs, but we'll see where time takes us...

I'm very thankful this week.. How about you?!

One thing I am praying about is.. I found out from ECU that Wake Co. is not in their circle of counties that you can do your practicum for Senior year in. I contacted them and they said they'd allow me to do it in Wake Co., but there are rules of you can't do your practicum in a school 1) you've attended, 2) you are employees, or 3) have a child enrolled. Well, I attended Farmington Woods and have been doing all of my work there and sadly, Jalen would go there, too, more than likely. I am hoping something pulls through and I can continue to work at Farmington Woods and I'll cry if I miss Jalen's kindergarten adventures...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the parent part...I intend to frame that part and not let you forget you said it! Ha! Parents really aren't stupid and don't know what they are talking about huh? Got to love them anyway...Mom