Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thankful Tuesday..

This week has been a pretty productive week. I've managed to get a lot of cleaning, organizing, and straightening done, but there is a lot more to be done. I'll battle the bathroom cleaning when we get back from the beach. Ahh, the beach! We leave Thursday for the beach until Sunday. I am excited because I love seeing Jalen down there. If you can imagine a smile from ear-to-ear all day long, you'll know why. His smile and eyes together can melt your heart. It does mine.

Khesia, John, Nicholas, and I had a funny conversation the other night. Khesia asked us how we managed both of our parenting skills. She said her and John had different ways and they didn't know how to deal with it in other words. She asked how we do it. I pretty much said, me being me, that we have different styles of parenting and most of the time we do it our own ways and when our ways clash it is whoever yells the loudest or makes the other one mad first and gives up that wins. She started laughing and asked if I was serious. I said 'yeah, pretty much.' Thought it was funny. Nicholas just started laughing because he knew it was true. Side note: usually I win because I don't like tears and sceaming. :-)

I am thankful for...
* my family - can't be thankful enough because they are pretty darn awesome..
* a beach trip in my near future - pray for safe travels!
* getting into a routine with my new summer session schedule - this semester is a lot of petty work. Seriously, why do I have to respond to everyone's post and there are 15 posts? Seriously, we all say the same thing. Oh well...
* Cherish -- she's with my Mom until we get back from the beach and boy, do we miss her? We feel a bit safer at night. I hear all the creeks in the house when she's not here.
* Jalen's funny sayings -- they make me laugh
* my job -- leaving Jalen is hard, but I'm thankful I have the opportunity to work. I get to meet awesome people. (RIP - Tony Diaz, we'll miss you!)

What are you thankful for?

Yes, I know I am slacking on the pictures. Soon! Soon!!

No comments: