Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Beginnings...

Well, today marks exactly one week since we left my Mom in Morehead City. It has been a week of ups and downs. Many times I find myself coming home and thinking she'll be there. The other night I took Jalen out of the shower and he asked where Grandma was. I sat there and just started crying. He wiped my tears, told me to stop, and kissed me. He said 'it's okay, Grandma at Jerry's with Jake and Buddy." Jake and Buddy are Jerry's animals. I just started laughing and thought to myself, it is amazing how a 2 1/2 year old can be stronger than a 20 year old. All in all, we miss her, but we are proud of her decision.

On the up side of things, we are slowly getting a normalcy around here. Jalen is sleeping wonderfully in his bed and he loves his Thomas stuff. He has been going to the pool during the day and passing out at night. Ryan is a little Dorothy as well. He is just the albino verision. :-) Love that little pale boy.

Jalen's birthday is coming up. It is so hard to believe he will be turning 3. I unfortunately have to work on party day, but not his birthday. We'll probably do a bug theme. I don't want to do Thomas. I refuse. Ha. I love Thomas and I'm glad him and Grandpa have fun building them, but I am an Elmo fan and don't want him to leave Elmo. :) Yes, I know, it isn't my party, but oh well, I have to plan it. He is counting so well. He can go to 13 and my goal is 20 before preschool. They can do the alphabet. I don't want him bored. Really, I don't know where to begin with that one. He knows all of his colors and even knows what a star is. He learned it on the elevator at the beach because it had a star by the floor number. .

Jessica and family came over and ate dinner with us. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of things we did brought back some childhood memories. Jessica, Ryan, Cherish, Jalen, and I went for a walk. Jalen wanted to take his bike. On the last stretch Jessica told Jalen to hop on the bike with her and they would ride down the huge hill. I thought if they hit an acorn they were going to die. I laughed so hard because we used to do that on skateboards. Then, we went lightning bug hunting. We used to do that every summer. Fun times. I love my family, have I said that before??

Oops.. Thankful Tuesday...
*I'm thankful for my family - Happy Father's Day, Dad!
*I love how I get to relive my childhood with Jalen.
* We are healthy and happy.
* School is almost over.. Dec. 2011
* Greenville journey went well!

How about you???

Pictures will come soon!

No comments: