Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home

Well, we survived the trip and got home late Wednesday night in order for me to return to work at 6am on Thursday. It was a good trip. Jalen went on the boat with us. The first time was cold and rainy and it was a little miserable. We rode the float and it was fun, but Jalen hated it. We came back and grilled out with the neighbors and had an enjoyable evening. The second day was beautiful. It was a lot of fun. We came back to the house and packed up. I can sum up the goodbye as sad, tearful, and not wanting to let go. My Mom is my best friend and to say "see you later" was very hard. I am very, extremely proud of her for doing what she needed to do for herself as many times she doesn't. When I was talking on the phone with her she asked how I was doing. I simply said stressed. I told her I didn't like being the Mama. She said but you love being a Mom. I said I like to have my Mom being the Mom. She said I will always be your Mom, but you just want someone to do the Mom things. Exactly!! Ha. Everything will be fine and change is good, but most of all, she is happy and that is what matters.

We're working on painting and getting Nicholas in. Things will be wonderful when settled. I go Monday to ECU for the day, so hopefully things will go well.

The person who does not need a lot is the richest.

No comments: