Monday, August 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home..

Well, we are back from the beach and I am a year older. I woke up to roses and balloons, then streamers from one end of the apartment to the other. I had a beautiful cake that was an ocean scene (and now that I think about it.. I never took a picture of it! Darn!). It was an overall great day. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack and just relaxed. When I woke up the next day, I told myself that I sure hope this morning doesn't predict the restof the year. Jalen woke up at the crack of dawn, his bottle spilt in my Coach purse (which got into my phone and my camera), then I go to get Jalen grapes and a whole bottle of juice falls to the ground and splash! I was ready to go back a year after all that, but the day ended with a lovely dinner and putt-putt with Nicholas!

The beach was good. We got to see my Grandnana and she got to see Jalen swim. We didn't take her to the beach because it was not easily accessible, but we tried the pool. The pool is covered and was like ice-water (seeing as I am sick now), but for Grandnana I put Jalen in so she could see him swim for 5 minutes. Made her day! She's doing good and looks great..

We're now home and preparing for Jalen's birthday! I sit here and think that he is going to be 2 years old and just want to cry!! How is my baby already two? I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday and though I'd gladly go back, I wouldn't give up any of these moments. I never knew a little boy could teach you about what the true meaning of life and happiness is. He showed me what love is. I would never trade him for the "normal" life of a 20 year old. Motherhood is the best.

I was reading Jenni's blog and she made me think... There are so many times that people have bad days. We want to give up and many times just totally quit, but you have to look at everything you have and be thankful. Being a Mom, being in a relationship, going to school, and working are all apart of my life and sometimes things getter harder than I want them to, but I know I have to keep going. Sometimes you just have to be thankful that you were able to live the day... (Gosh, I wish she lived closer!!)

I will post pictures soon.

Remember.. it's the simple things in life that matter the most!
Doesn't the smile from your child mean more than those new pair of shoes?