Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to Reality

Well, we got back from the quick trip down to Myrtle Beach. It was a good trip, but short. It is hard taking Jalen on those short trips. I'm suprised you didn't see us on the news for the drive back. Jalen screamed the entire time after Elmo finished, so for about 2 hours! After being down there and going to the memorial service I realized that sometimes in life we focus on our mistakes and what we should have done. But when you leave this world, people do not focus on what you didn't do and how you could have done things better, they focus on your accomplishments and how much you meant to this world. I guess sometimes we all should forget what we didn't do and learn from it, rather than dwell on it. But, my Grandnana is doing very well and we will be seeing her this upcoming week because we're going down there to vacation for a week. We saw a lot of family and it was good being together.

I started my new job when we got back and it is going good. It's hard having to tell people I don't know how to do something, but I'm learning and getting there. I think I'm picking it up pretty quick. I'm loving having days off during the week because I feel like I get to see Jalen more. Works out good for us!

We'll be planning Jalen's birthday party this week. It is for the 24th. It is just family this year, which will be nice! He loves Elmo, so that is his theme. I just got his Happy Birthday banner from the UPS man. It's very cute. Will put pictures up after the fact. Can you believe he is going to be 2? I wish I could stop him from growing, but I will find out August 20th if I am having a neice or nephew!! Exciting day all around! :)

Like I said, we'll be heading down to Myrtle for a week with my Mom and sisters. Nick, Jalen, and I will leave Sunday night and be down there until Friday. We'll be celebrating my birthday down there on Monday. Hard to believe I'm going to be 20! I don't want to grow up. Ha! Anyways.. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm adding pictures! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Glad you are back. You are right about focusing on the things we do rather than the things we don't. It is not very productive. I am glad that your new job is going well and that Jalen is turning two! Thomas will blow out a candle for him!