Friday, September 9, 2011

Proud to be an American

It's hard to believe that ten years ago was September 11, 2001. It is a day I will never forget. I can't remember a day in 2001 other than that day and I remember it very vividly. Sitting in my 7th grade social studies class in the middle of the classroom in the 5th row from the door, an announcement came on explaining what had happened. We turned on the television and watched until the bell rang. In the hallways after the bell rang, it was silent. No one was talking, just walking along to class watching TVs inside the classrooms. I remember getting home and watching it, recording it, and never really stop watching it.

Today, we had a moment of silence in school. It gave me chill bumps. Over 3,000 lives lost.. The children, who are in third grade, had no clue what had happened and why we were doing it. It's hard to believe 10 years have past. Sitting here in bed watching the stories and the shows about it bring tears to my eyes (the ugly tears). I pray for all the families and children who no longer have mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, etc... God Bless America!

September 11, 2001 - A Day Never Forgotten..

No comments: