Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh August...



Every year I look forward to August because we get to celebrate all the birthdays and I get to plan Jalen's party and in that aspect, I have still looked forward to August, but in another aspect, I dread this August. This August, the 25th to be exact, I start my internship. It is exciting because I get to graduate soon after, December 16th to be exact, but I dread having to leave my baby for so long. Many times I go all week never being apart from him, so to go from never leaving him to leaving him 40 hours a week for around 12 weeks is extremely hard. I actually hate the thought of it. It kills me to know I can't pick him up from school or even take him until December. It kills me that I don't get to ask him how his day was first. It kills me to know that I don't get to dress him every morning or spend the day doing fun things or just nothing at all. From this, I've truly realized how it is the little things in life that mean the most and sometimes we take them for granted. Also, I've realized how much family support we have to make all this work. So with the first day of August here, I am excited and happy, but sad at the same time. I only have 136 more days until I graduate, but who is counting?

No comments: